North East is located in Cecil County, Maryland at the top of the Chesapeake Bay.
The vision of the Town of North East, Maryland is to preserve our rural community character while expanding the economic base of the Town by capitalizing on the local tourism, industry, planned employment growth and area commerce.
North East is located at the head of the Chesapeake Bay. Located only 50 miles from Baltimore, MD and Philadelphia, PA via. I-95, the door is wide open for commercial and residential growth.
For detailed directions to Town via an interactive map, click here. For a street map of the town of North East with buildings of historic interest identified, click here.
Located at the head of the Northeast River, the Town has a rich history and is conveniently located for day trips to local points of interest. Please visit the following links for additional information. Note: Each of these links will open a new viewing window. When you want to return to this site, just close the viewing window and you will return here.
There are 8 schools in the North East area: two public elementary schools, one public middle school, one public high school and four specialized schools including The Tome School (K-12) and Cecil College. Below is a list of our schools and phone numbers to contact them. Please visit the Cecil County Public Schools website for more information about our public school system.
• Bay View Elementary School
• North East Elementary School
• North East Middle School
• North East High School
• Cecil School of Technology
• HEAT Center (Higher Education and Applied Technology)
• Cecil College
• The Tome School
• Going Places Daycare
• Jesus Loves Me Children Center
• North East UMC Preschool Center
Below are the churches and religious organizations that are located in or near the Town of North East:
|Bethel Lutheran Church||410-287-8988|
|Cecil Upper Room Gospel Tabernacle Church||410-287-2501|
|Church of the Nazarene||410-287-9543|
|First Baptist Church of North East||410-287-6247|
|Hart's United Methodist Church||410-287-2650|
|Mercy Missionary Baptist Church||410-287-6125|
|Mt. Carmel Baptist Church||410-287-6486|
|New Hope Community Church||410-287-5295|
|New Covenant Alliance Church||410-287-6404|
|North East Church of God|
|North East Faith Tabernacle||410-287-6027|
|North East United Methodist Church||410-287-2220|
|St. Jude's Roman Catholic Church||410-287-6571|
|St. Mary Anne's Episcopal Church||410-287-5522|
|The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints||410-287-7680|
|Truth and Life Center||410-287-0450|
|United Pentecostal Church||410-287-9827|
The North East Community Park - located at the end of Walnut Street on the Northeast River, this is a 10 acre park with three picnic pavilions - the Crouch (larger of the three next to the playground equipment), Benjamin, and Levy, which can be rented for $25.00 per day for Town residents or $50 for non-residents, and the Gilbert Lighthouse Pavilion, primarily used for weddings, which can be rented for $150.00 a day. The North East Community Park has restrooms (open April - November), a volleyball court, a children's playground, ample space for fishing and docking by the Upper Bay Museum. The park also has paved walkways throughout and ample benches for resting.
Elk Neck State Park - located at the end of Route 272 South (Turkey Point Road), Elk Neck State Park provides camping, hiking, swimming, a boat ramp, a playground, and much more. A highlight of the park is Turkey Point Lighthouse, a historic landmark. For more information see the Elk Neck State Park website.
Turner Park - located off of West Street. Has a baseball diamond available for public use.
Herring Snatcher Park - North Main Street along the North East Creek has picnic tables and is great for fishing.
North East Little League Park - located on Route 272 South (Turkey Point Road). For more information, see the North East Little League website.
Economic Development Plan
• Create a healthy balanced economy which provides necessary goods and services for North East's population, sufficient job opportunities for its residents, and sufficient tax base to finance necessary municipal improvements and services.
• Diversify and expand the Town's economic base to provide a broad range of employment and commercial opportunities within the framework of the Town and County's overall growth management goals and objectives.
• Encourage select employers providing skilled job opportunities commensurate with the abilities of the Town's local workforce.
• Upgrade, expand and preserve the Central Business District so that it remains a viable economic unit. Protect the historic character of North East and support projects and efforts which enhance that character.
• Encourage the growth and diversification of the tourism industry in North East, and promote additional tourism and travel related development which compliments the scenic and historic qualities of North East.
• Expand the Town's tax base.
For a list of community businesses please visit the North East Chamber of Commerce website.
For commercial and industrial opportunities, please call 410-287-5801 or email email@example.com.
Based on the 2000 census, the population of North East was 2733. The Town consists of approximately 995 acres of land.